Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Will I live to be 80?

    I recently picked a new primary care doctor. After two visits and exhaustive lab tests, he said I was doing "fairly well" for my age.
    A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, "Do you think I'll live to be 80?"
    He asked, "Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer or wine?" "Oh no," I replied. I'm not doing drugs, either!"
      Then he asked, "Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?" I said, No, my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!"
    Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?" "No, I don't," I said.
     He asked, "Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?"
    "No," I said. "I don't do any of those things."
     He looked at me and said, "Then, why do you even care?


Thanks Joe P

1 comment:

Gnome said...

Ha, that's great.