Saturday, January 13, 2007

A prayer of a chance

Lottery_ticketJoe is in dire financial trouble. His business has gone under, his debts are piling up. He is so desperate he decides to pray for help.

"God, please help me. I lost my business and if I don't get some money soon, I am going to lose my car as well. Please let me win the lottery."

Lottery night comes -- and somebody else wins.

"God, please let me win the lottery! I lost my business, my car and now I am going to lose my house as well."

Lottery night comes. No luck.

"My God, I lost my business, my car, and my house. My wife and children are starving. I don't often ask you for help and I have always been a good servant to you. PLEASE just let me win the lottery this one time so I can get my life back in order."

A sudden flash of blinding light. The heavens open, and Joe is confronted by the voice of God Himself:

"Joe, meet Me halfway on this. Buy a ticket."

via

No comments: