Friday, May 12, 2006

A Cubs fan

Cubs-cardA first grade teacher in Northern Illinois explains to her class that she is a Cubs fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Cubs fans.
Everyone in the class raises their hand except one little girl. The teacher looks at the girl with surprise and says, "Janie, why didn't you raise your hand?"

"Because I'm not a Cubs fan," she replied.

The teacher, still shocked, asked, "Well, if you are not a Cubs fan, then who are you a fan of?"

"I am a Cardinal fan and proud of it," Janie replied.

The teacher could not believe her ears. "Janie, why pray tell are you a Cardinal fan?"

"Because my Mom is a Cardinal fan, and my dad is a Cardinal fan, so I'm a Cardinal fan too!"

"Well," said the teacher in an obviously annoyed tone, "that is no reason for you to be a Cardinal fan. You don't have to be just like your parents all of the time. What if your Mom were a moron and your dad were a moron, what would you be then?"

"Then," Janie smiled, "I'd be a Cubs fan."

Thanks Ronnie

No comments: