Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Patriot

Long.protest  Here's a quote from a government employee who witnessed a recent   interaction between an elderly woman and an antiwar protester in  a  Metro station in DC:

There were protesters on the train platform handing out  pamphlets  on the evils of America. I politely declined to take  one.
 An elderly woman was behind me getting off the escalator and a  young (20ish) female protester offered her a pamphlet, which she politely declined.
The young protester put her hand on the old woman's shoulder as  a gesture of friendship and in a very soft voice said, 'Lady,  don't you care about the children of Iraq?'
The old woman looked up at her and said, “Honey, my father  died in France during World War II, I lost my husband in Korea,  and a son in Vietnam.  All three died so you could have the right  to stand here and bad  mouth our country.  If you touch me again. I'll  stick this umbrella up your ass and open it. “

Not sure if this actually happened, but it brought a smile to my face.

Thanks Phyllis

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your site, but well, um...did you actually intend to say that anti-war protesters are America-haters? Please say no.

Jonco said...

I just posted what I thought was a quick and funny response from the older woman. The quote was about a person who was "handing out pamphlets on the evils of America",...that doesn't make her an America hater. The old woman even acknowledged her right to protest.
Thanks for commenting.

Anonymous said...

THIS TIRED OLD ARGUMENT HAS BEEN USED FOR AS LONG AS THERE HAVE BEEN WARS. THE EVIL ACTIONS OF THIS WOMENS FATHER, HUSBAND, AND SON, AS WELL AS HER ACEPTANCE OF THEIR
KILLING ACTIONS, AND YES YOU, THE POSTER OF THE "PATRIOT" MESSAGE, DO NOT IN ANY WAY,
SHAPE, OR FORM, ENABLE PEOPLE TO DO THE GOOD THEY DO! YOUR KILL OR BE KILLED MESSAGE WILL BE IGNORED BY ME. AS I WILL TRUST IN GOD, NOT GUNS! AS FOR THE ANTI-WAR MESSAGE, I AGREE, NO BUSH NO WAR!!!

NICHOLAS

Human said...

The Old Lady Represents Bushusefools just fine. Violent and Extremeist.

Peace